Monday, March 22, 2010

A Test of Patience

Ya know, as I reflect on the last 6-8 months of our life, I have realized that God is teaching me a lesson I should have already learned.  You would think that a one year deployment would teach one patience, but not me :)  As many of you know, God's vision for Keith's life has seemed to change--In August he began pursuing a career in law enforcement.  He took a few tests, has heard from a few places, etc.  The ball really began rolling in January--there were three agencies that were interested in him, and the interviews began.  Since then, one agency has still been in hot pursuit-even going as far as requiring him to take a polygraph test (that was an experience) and having a "hiring interview."  Said interview was last Tuesday.  Keith had learned from another friend that was just hired by this agency that the hiring interview was the last step in the process before a conditional offer.  We were ECSTATIC--it has been 7 months--much longer than we had anticipated, and yet, part of me was weary from all of the waiting!  Because I am so confident in my husband's interviewing skills, and that he would just be great for ANY agency, I thought for sure he was a shoo-in.  Well, the interview came and went on Tuesday--he thought it went well, so that seemed to just boost my confidence.  The next day (his birthday mind you)--he gets the call--you were NOT selected, but you are first on the waiting list.  What--first on the waiting list.  I know he was devastated, as was I--how could this happen??  Well, let me tell you how.  While I was SO confident in my husband's skills and sell-ability to a police agency, I forgot to take into account God's plan.

We still don't know how God is going to work through this, but one week later, we can confidently say that it was His will that prevented Keith from getting that job.  Again, what it was, who knows, but because Keith was so VERY qualified for the job, and did not get it, this makes me know all the more that it was God's hand (rather abruptly) shutting that door.  So...what does this mean for us?  MORE WAITING!!  Yes, another test of patience.  Keith's first choice to work for is still unsure whether they will be hiring for August or not--we are hoping and praying that they will because he is #4 on their list--a VERY good place to be.  Will you pray with us for that?  That their budget would be such, and their need as well, that they would be able to hire in August.  More importantly, that Keith would be hired, if that is God's will.  Thanks!  We appreciate it :)

No comments: