We started taking childbirth classes a couple of weeks ago (they are once per week for 3 weeks). While this has made Keith VERY excited, it has terrified me!! When you are 20-30 weeks pregnant, the daunting task of labor begins to sink in. However, when you go to childbirth classes, it is all but thrown in your face the reality that this baby has to come out--and soon! I'm sure everything will be fine, but as a first time mom, I'd be lying if I said it doesn't keep me awake some nights. At lot of it is anticipation, I'm sure--just wanting to know HOW and WHEN she'll be born, and what it will be like. Keep that on your prayer list, please :)
The GD is going great. My blood sugars have been well controlled by just modifying my diet, which is nice. I go for NSTs (non stress tests) 2x/week which helps them monitor how well Thelma Lou is doing inside the womb. So far, they have all been great. At my last check up on Friday, she was measuring 2.5 weeks ahead, though, so the doctor wants to do another ultrasound--which will be this Friday. I'm totally okay with getting another glimpse at our little girl, and so close to delivery, it'll be fun to see what she looks like :)
I have started to enjoy the discomforts of the 9th month. I'm not sleeping as well as I would like to, and have actually resorted to sleeping on the couch, which is much more comfortable. I sleep for about 3 hours at a time, get up and go to the bathroom, and then try to fall back asleep. Work has been getting increasingly harder and I'm completely exhausted and swollen by the time I get home. I'm still chugging along though, hoping I can make it to the end without having to be on bedrest, which would result in using more time off--another prayer request :)
We are so thankful for God's faithfulness throughout this entire pregnancy-keeping both the baby and I safe-and continue to pray for His timing and guidance as we near the end. We are also thankful for all of our friends and family and the ways they have blessed us with prayer, gifts, and encouragement throughout this pregnancy--THANK YOU!! Enjoy the new belly pics--she is definitely growing, nobody can argue with that :)
Crystal
34 weeks
36 weeks

1 comment:
Such a great post!
I can't wait to see pictures of your daughter! :)
CONGRATULATIONS already!
Post a Comment