Keith just left this morning to head back to the sandbox, and I'd be lying if I said it was easy to let him go this last time. Even knowing that he'll be home in two months didn't make it much easier when it came time to say goodbye. There's just something painful about separation from the one you love--thankfully, while Keith and I are separated, I will never be separated from the love of God!
We had a great two weeks together-we were able to see our families, play with our nephews and have some great couple time. Everyone was great about understanding that our time was precious and we really appreciated that! Keith and I spent the night in a fancy hotel where we got dressed up and went out to eat which was super fun. We even had a fancy TV in our hotel room, so we went home (about 5 blocks) and got our DVD player and stayed up late watching movies :) That's a pretty typical Smith family night :) It was definitely worth it, though, and we had a blast! We enjoyed spending halloween with the Smith nephews, and even took some fun pictures of them--they are fun! Little Isaiah warmed right up to Keith, who he hadn't seen since he was a month old, and Braydon and Carter picked up right where they left off 10 months ago--wrestling, shooting, and chasing Uncle Keith! It was fun to see them all play together.
The next two months will fly for me, I think--between working and getting ready for the holidays, I will be pretty busy. Pray for Keith though, as it will be hard for him to be away from his entire family through the holidays. He's a family man, and was reminded in this last two weeks just how great our families are and how hard it is to be away from them! Because I'm terrible at posting, I'm going to say Happy Holidays now--early, but you just watch--it'll be here before we know it :) May God bless your families this holiday season. Take care!

3 comments:
It's amazing how much of Keith's time away you are already through! You are amazing! Miss you!
2 months... piece of cake! :)
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Crystal.
Smiths! I finally got out to your blog again. Even though we haven't been in touch like we would have liked during this time, please know that we have been praying regularly for you two. God bless you both as you finish off this "season" of your marriage. You guys are amazing!
Post a Comment