
I have found in the short month that Keith has been gone that time goes by MUCH faster when your hands are busy. So, each day I have off I seem to make these never-ending "to do" lists that will most definately keep me busy for the entire day. It seems odd to me that on my days off, I don't simply rest and enjoy being away from the hectic hospital environment. But no no, if I do that, I soon find myself missing my husband all too much.
So today, the plans are to venture out to the big bad laundromat (I'm not even sure how to spell that!). Since we have a cat, hair tends to accumulate everywhere, especially on our beautiful brown comforter. So, today is the day that it will finally get washed! I am actually sort of looking forward to this adventure, as I tend to be quite a people watcher. I am so fascinated by people that are very different than me, and this is what I intend to encounter at the laundromat. It's amazing to me how God has created us each differently. And while we are so acclimated to how our person (and those that we love) may act, we are simply fascinated by the situations and actions of those that we rarely encounter. However, it takes some of each kind to fulfill the will of God. So today, I will be challenged to reach out to someone that is different than me--step into their shoes for a few hours, and enjoy what I experience. I hope that God gives you opportunities to do the same--whether it is on the bus, at school, or at the laundromat!

No comments:
Post a Comment